Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our BLISSFUL BABY SHOWER for BABY BOY BARLOW



On Saturday Sept. 26, 2009 Christina, Gina and Amy threw John and I an incredibly elegant baby shower at my sweet Aunt Marilyn's house. It was amazing! Better than I ever imagined. THANK YOU!!!!! Your guys' sacrifice, service, and love just overwhelm me with gratitude. And wouldn't you guess that of all the pictures and fun I didn't get a picture of my three dear girlfriends!!! I'm so bummed about that! We had a wonderful turn out for such a super busy day. The food was amazing. The cake was adorable, thank you Josie!!! The decorations were perfect too.
















So we played some super fun games. The first one was the yarn game where everyone tries to guess how big a round I am. You can see the winning string around my neck in this picture. That was a crack up. And once again somehow I don't have any pictures of this event. Lesson to learn, assign someone to be the photographer at every event.
The other game pictured was painfully fun ;-) They had a bunch of questions they had asked John about his childhood. Such as his favorite cartoon, color, etc. Well, for every question I got wrong I had to put a piece of Bubblicious in my mouth. Those things are HUGE! As you can see from these pictures, I didn't do a great job. My sister, who is also pregnant, could barely watch me do this because it made her so nauseous. That had to be pretty entertaining for everyone. I was surprised how many questions I got wrong! Even ones I knew I just couldn't remember. Like which Ninja Turtle was his favorite? We had a conversation about it like a week before the shower. The jello mind that comes with pregnancy. I hope it goes away, but everyone says you are never the same. I hope that means that you are just better than before =D

































































We had a beautiful appetizer buffet....YUMMERS-- it was so super good!
John strolled in the group gift! It is a beautiful, extremely user friendly car seat/stroller combo. THANK YOU to all who contributed!

In one pic I'm showing just how easy this stroller is to fold up. TA DA!!!
I received the greatest gifts and cutest clothes known to baby kind! Thank you to all!
Also pictured are all my friends who came to share this time with me. It was so much fun to have everyone there enjoying the celebration of a new life to come into this world! Thank you to everyone that came. It was so great to have so many people there that love and support me! You are all so wonderful! Thank you--Thank you! Sure love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment