

(not the most flattering pic, but a true reflection of how my overdue body and mind feels;-)
Don't believe my baby ticker that says the baby is four days old. The baby is actually 5 days
overdue. Now, my midwives have comforted me and said that this is
normal for a lot of first pregnancies. So, I'm glad to know that. Last week my mom, sister, dad, John (when he wasn't to sick) and myself
worked like dogs trying to get my house entirely organized and cleaned. It was a
nightmare project that we started about a month ago, but that wasn't early enough. We finished this massive project at about 9:30PM on Halloween night. Not exactly how I ever imagined spending Halloween for 2009, but I preferred that over being in labor ;-) I missed the whole holiday, but I got what I really wanted and needed.....
a perfectly clean and organized house!!!!!!! Do you have any idea how wonderful this feels? Oh it's like magic! Magic kingdom right here in the Barlow house. So, at that moment on Halloween night I finally felt as ready as I could ever feel for the baby to come. And so we waited....and waited...and waited....and we are still waiting =D I'm totally getting super anxious now. I even dusted the whole house again. I'm worried my perfect magical kingdom is going to get dirty while we wait. Isn't life a crack up! I've been saying "no, no, no, I'm not ready, the house isn't ready" for like the last month. Now I'm saying "yes, yes, yes baby it's time to come. The house is ready, mom and dad are as ready as we can be. It's time!"So, in the meantime I walked the whole Superstition Mall with my sister and niece. John and I went to dinner and a movie in late celebration of his Birthday last week. I've been to Costco and Wal-mart. Got the oil changed in one of the cars. Took care of some business at the bank. And now I'm just trying to keep up with the laundry and daily cleaning. Here are a couple pics of the last couple days. The last pic is of me and my midwives at last weeks appointment.
Well I hope he comes soon for you!
ReplyDelete