Friday, March 5, 2010

A Blissful weekend with my Cousins from Vegas!


Heather, Felicity, and Bryce
Our two beautiful babes
Sweet smiling babies: Felicity and Bryce
Suzie the beauty!
WOW! Aren't they just the cutest! My cousins are so much fun. Heather and I have been bosom buddies since I was born ;-) We are just over two months apart. She just had her third baby, Felicity, that cute long girl in those pictures with Bryce. She was born about 7 weeks before Bryce. SO much fun. They were so sweet together. Suzanna just got engaged and she is the youngest in their family. We love you Suzie!
Anyway, the three of them came down two weekends ago from Las Vegas to spend time with us. I like to think they just came down to see me and the baby =) We had the most exquisite time. It was exactly what Heather and I always wanted for ourselves when we "grew up". We just sat in our rocking chairs and talked and talked and laughed and laughed, but no crying...nope nope nope. Just good times bonding and discussing our thoughts and opinions. We analyzed everything about life and our lives and everyone's lives...HA HA HA!!! Oh man.......COME BACK I miss you too much!!!! So now we are starting a new tradition (because I'm all about traditions or else it just doesn't happen for me). The NEW TRADITION is: visit once a year. I know I really built that up =] So every year we will go visit each other for the very purpose of visiting. No working, no weddings, no funerals, no reunions, no big events, no big fancy meals...just visit. We are going to switch off every year too. So, 2011 is my year. Vegas here we come!!! I'm already dreaming about it. Awe.....sweet relaxation with the best of kin. So, I just want to say that the weekend was totally inspiring because of their great examples!! I left wanting to be a better mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, and most importantly I think---a better daughter of our Heavenly Father. Yes, I have much work to do, but I have a great support system and examples. We talked about what we see works for other families and how we can incorporate that into our own lives. We talked about our futures, our pasts, our children, but we didn't ever go into our children's children. We had to save something for next year =D So Thank You for coming down and making the sacrifice and effort. And give our deepest gratitude to all those who stayed home and made it possible for you to come => Love you! Looking forward to seeing you guys for the wedding in May!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you had a blog till Bridget mentioned it over on the Earl family blog. I'm gonna have to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sums it up perfectly. I couldn't have said it better myself. I loved every minute of my time there. It doesn't feel like enough to only get together once a year but I will count my blessings for that. I can't wait till it's your turn to come. At least we get an extra this year thanks to Sue. Your blog is cute. Totally loved watching Bob Ross by the way. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete