Isn't it so thrilling when your child starts to notice food! I mean real food, your food, their food, his food, ANYONE'S food!! I anxiously awaited his 6 month birthday so that we could give it a try. Well, that day didn't exactly go as planned. We ran out of time. But we did let him lick a bit of mango, which he wasn't keen on. About a week prior to his 6 month birthday he had sucked on my apple core and a piece of cucumber which he loved. So, this post is our journey of
"Firsts with Food".
Feeding your first child solids for the first time is just so exciting to first time parents!
However, with all of these "firsts" comes inexperience as well. Especially for the parents! As you can see in this first video...well, we just didn't know what we were doing. Poor baby boy, being force fed cold food. It was tasty though, I tested it myself. I prepared it with precision too, I did exactly what the box told me to do. I measured out 2 tsp. of rice cereal and everything.
**Bryce's first time with his first food--Rice cereal with mothers milk**
May 15, 2010
ABOVE VIDEO: Bryce's first time eating
The next set of pictures is actually after the road trip we made to Las Vegas for my cousins temple wedding. Bryce is not a long term car seat baby. After awhile he starts to scream and scream. I wasn't sure what to do because we had already made two long stops and nursed him both times. Our 6 hour trip turned into 7.5 hours! WHAAA =( So, I had brought a few fresh apricots from the tree in the back yard for John and I, but they quickly turned into baby food. He LOVED them!!! Anyway, the pictures below are just so sweet. We weren't planning on feeding Bryce at this point in the day, the peaches were actually part of my meal. But, I just can't say no to that face. So, he tried a few. They were fairly tart, not exactly sweet like normal. He endured it well though and kept coming back for more.
**Bryce's first time tasting fresh peaches from the tree in the backyard**
May 29, 2010
So, they tell you to wait about a week in between each new food introduction. That way you can watch for food allergies and respond correctly because you know what caused it. So, we waited a bit and gave it a go with some organic bananas! I pureed them in the Blendtec blender and it was delicious! I would have had it for lunch, yummers! I thought it was appropriate for him to wear his banana and monkey bib, which is by far the best bib I've seen. It is awesome!! Ok, so the funny thing about this one is that mom and I were upstairs when we decided to feed Bryce. My mom has deteriorating knee caps so it is very difficult for her to walk, and even more difficult to do stairs. Since she was already upstairs and the highchair is downstairs we decided to put him in his entertainment saucer to feed him! Were we NUTS? All I can say is it was a good thing the extremely experienced Grandma wanted to feed him. I would have had it everywhere! I mean he can jump and spin while he eats. Needless to say, we have never fed him in the saucer again. Ha Ha Ha!
**Bryce's first time eating BANANAS!! (in the entertainments saucer--don't try this at home;-)**
June 4, 2010
ABOVE VIDEO: Bryce's first (and last) time eating in the entertainment saucer --pureed bananas=D
So, you can see from the pictures below that we thought ahead, stayed downstairs and elected for the highchair. Hee Hee!
**Bryce's first time eating SWEET POTATOES**
June 16, 2010
ABOVE VIDEO: Bryce's first time eating sweet potatoes
No comments:
Post a Comment