Thursday, February 11, 2010

CHRISTMAS DAY 2009


(double click to enlarge)
(double click to enlarge)
Well, at first I didn't think this post needed any commentary...and it doesn't. BUT, for posterity sake I'll add some detail. This is the first Christmas with a "New to us" BIG Christmas tree. I included a pic of our "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree last year just so you can see how much we moved up in the Christmas tree world! Our new tree is a gift from my dear co-worker Cyndy after they bought a new one last year. THANK YOU! Our family room is pretty darn small so we only put up 3/4 of the tree and the back was flat up against the wall. I thought it was pretty genius on my part =D Ha!
There are my two Polynesian-ish masked friends who we decked out for the season. I love that! I'm totally doing that every year. I think it's hilarious! Hee Hee Hee =D
Also, It was baby Bryce's first Christmas! That sweet little red "Baby's first Christmas" outfit is from Grandma and Grandpa Barlow. To bad his diaper leaked out on his outfit before the day was over. Grandma and Grandpa Barlow helped provide us with a lovely Christmas as well, we didn't have much without them---THANK YOU!
However, we did splurge. For our "BIG" Christmas present we got a used keyboard. I'm thrilled because I really need to practice the piano if I'm going to get anywhere with it. I at least just want to get good enough to serve in church. Relief Society Pianist or Primary Pianist. Is that too much to ask? :) Now I just have to buckle down and practice. ={ eek! Never was good at that. John really loves the keyboard too. He took a music theory class last year and was excited to apply his learning.
Another favorite gift of ours was a picture of Ammon signed by the artist. It is the COOLEST picture EVER!! This was a gift to Bryce from Grandma and Grandpa Barlow. Thank you again!
You can read the story of Ammon as a servant of a Lamanite King. How he protected the King's flocks which resulted in a change to an entire Kingdom!
Just go here: www.scriptures.lds.org/en/alma/17
The main story starts in chapter 17 and goes through chapter 20. WONDERFUL!
So, Merry Christmas to all until next year :}
ABOVE: last year's (2008) "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree
BELOW: Picture of Ammon-- protecting the King's flocks.
So RAD!!!
To read the story of Ammon go here: www.scriptures.lds.org/en/alma/17
The main story starts in chapter 17 and goes through chapter 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment